Saturday, January 3, 2009

hear me out

Punkids?/punkkids?/punk kids?/pengkids?/pungkids?
(how do you even spell it?)

You know what these words mean?
They're females. Girls. Who make themselves look like guys. Cut their hair short. Wear over-sized clothes. Also, accessories that are "guy-ish". Hunch. Try to imitate the way guys walk. The way guys behave. Look for a girlfriend. Stuff like that. (maybe that's just my opinion, but tell me. You born like that? No. You make yourself look like that.)

Yeah, you see plenty in malls. Restaurants. Basically, everywhere.

I do admit, I know some girls like this whom I (once upon a time) consider friends. (not that I don't want them to be my friends now, but we hardly keep in touch anymore. And it's not like I hate them or something.)

It's just that... I dunno. It's just not a very pleasant sight to see (them everywhere you go).

Owhkay. I've cut my hair short. Real short. (That was about three weeks ago. It's grown a little now.) I just got very bored of my long un-manage-able (I'll just separate the root word for easy reading) un-tame-able un-desire-able unattractive big bushy lousy mane that I've kept for three years so I cut it short. Simple as that.

But no. I have to freeking look like a punkid.
(Does this word even exist?)

I. Am. No. Such. Thing.
Gawd.

I still behave like I always have. Long hair or not.
I walk like this.
I run like this.
I eat like this.
I laugh like this.
I talk like this.
But the way (some) other people look at me.
Damn.
I think they see me like some kinda trans or something.
Just. Because. I. Have. Short. Short. Hair.

All I wanted was a little playful change of my look (temporarily).
All I hoped for was a little more self-confidence.
(if you had mane instead of proper hair, how high will your confidence go?)

But I'm not gonna regret this haircut.
Stare (weirdly) all you want.
Punkids are (in my opinion) ashamed of their boobs.
I'm not. So keep staring.

Bosan, tau tak?

No comments: