Friday, February 6, 2009

i found...

I was flipping through my sketch book I used back in Sem 2. On the last few pages, I found little things that I jotted down during a motivational talk (yeah TOA gives these kind of talks every now and then. It's actually quite cool y'know) by Veronica Ho (TOA co-founder). I find her talk very interesting. It was actually pretty inspiring! On the other hand, it was also damn typical, in a TOA sort of way. (I'm complimenting okay)

So the stuff I'd written down was...
"I wanna be the animator! Y'know... Like, THE animator; five years from now."
(set a goal and time. It creates pressure but at the same time keeps you going.)
"Make the move yourself! Seriously, Cheawen!"

"I wanna make RM500 a month while studying. Then, after I've graduated, RM3000 a month. Then! Cheawen you gotta earn more than RM5000 five years into working career! I give you five years, okay?!"
"Ooolaalaa~ Then aim for 5-digit pay weyy!"

"Share your dreams... That's where you'll be guided through the correct path... People will show the way..."
"Cool~"

"Retirement = Absolute freedom of time and doing things you love most!"
"Every retirement comes with a figure."
"I wanna retire with at least 9 million. Yes! Cheawen can do it!"

"People who dream big are the ones who are excitingly making changes in the world."
(this is my favourite quote from Veronica that day)
"Be passionate! Really! No, really!"

"Learn with Master and Honour."
"Aww..."

"Super designers love their assignments."
"Cheawen loves her assignments too!"
(at this point, I realize my previous post was about how much Perspective sucks. Uh-oh.)

"Olympics gold-medalists don't have Olympics gold-medalist coaches."
(another awesome quote of that day)

"Cheawen, when you grow up, you will not be a businesswoman. You will be somebody who convinces people to change."
"(But first, you gotta convince yourself to change.)" So true.

"There is NO short-cut in life. Accept that, Cheawen."

"Cheawen, do you know why you wanna learn?"
"The art of learning: learn the 5-star way; and be a 5-star learner."

"You yourself, one person, cannot make any change. Therefore, support and encourage each other. You need others to succeed and to make an impact in the industry."

"Be somebody exciting!"
(I totally love this one)
"Temporary recognition? No! Permanent recognition! Way after you're dead! Awesome~"
"Mission Not-Impossible! Whooo!"

"Rub cheeks! And roarrr! (kadavalei~)"
(don't ask. I don't even know why I wrote that)

"Don't be serious about work. (OMG!) Be serious about your progress. (Owh...)"

"Cheawen's a great learner!"

"So what? As long as you give your very best!"

"Visit places not as visitors, but as sharp designers."

(say) "Thank you." (often)
(but say) "I love you." (even more often)

"Success is effortless. (Yeah? Yeah!)"
(I totally love this too)

I've forgotten most of the things I'd written down. But typing all these things here makes me really... Semangat! I'm all "Okay, I wanna do my assignments now!" I actually remember the feeling sitting in the AVH (audio-visual hall) listening to Veronica and getting all pumped-up. I hope I can keep this spirit up! When you have semangat, all your works will turn out damn nice! Even last-minute ones~ (but only up to own expectation) Hahah! Still... =P

"Success is effortless."

No comments: