Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Little Cheawen

Was just sitting around watching my bros when I thought of the 'me' I used to be more than 10 years ago. Well, I bet most of us don't really remember their childhood (or maybe that's just me, coz I have severe short-term memory case) so I'm just gonna ramble about the things that I actually do remember.

Way back when I was young, real young, unlike my little girl cousins and most of my friends, I disliked Barbie dolls. Instead, I played a lot (whenever I had the chance to) with my boy cousins (because I went to an all-girl school, I didn't have many boy friends back then). We would meet up in Gramma's house, discriminate the Barbie girls and start chasing each other around the house. We'd play catch, wrestle each other, pretend to shoot each other with the toy rifle Grampa made for us (Grampa's an awesome carpenter) scream and shout at each other playing pirates and when we do get mad at each other, we'd fight but we'd all refuse to cry even if it hurts (unless it really really hurts). Well of course, I cried more compared to the rest of the boys. But the next day you'd see me and the boys wrestling one another again.

*I'll try to find some old pictures of me and put them up. I hope the printer will forgive me by then and scan them into the computer.

And about my sis, I was never close to her when we were young. I don't know about her (I mean, she always had this dumb, blur-case look when she was tiny so I don't know what she thought of me) but I hated her. I hated her and I hated her. It's funny now that I think back. We're 10,000 times closer than we used to be. Weird~ Don't even know when the sudden change of event took place. Owh well~

Back in preschool, I was in the same session as Steven, one of my boy cousins. Back then, he was a quiet and calm boy. Our mums (sometimes) pick us up (way) later than the rest of the kids. I remember once, when the hall was left with just the two of us and a few other kids, and Steve fell off the piano chair he was sitting on for no reason at all. While other kids stood and watched helpless Steve, I went to fetch the teacher who was chatting with the Mak Cik. I even shoo-ed the few little kpc's away because I didn't want them to see Steve cry. (I wonder what Steve would do if he was in my shoes. He always seem(ed) so... Timid... He's not anymore. =))

I can't recall much now, but to sum it up, I was a tomboy when I was a kid. I hated skirts and dresses. I loved jeans and shorts and plain tees. But the weird thing is, I also loved my long hair. I loved the outdoor (still do). I loved games that required a lot of running and jumping. I loved to shout. I loved the rifle Grampa made for us. I loved winning over the boys. (when you're a kid, everything's fair and even; boys never give in to girls) I loved sitting on dad's shoulder whenever we go out (I felt superior).

*I think I have a picture of that too?

I still have a bit of the tomboy-ness I developed from my childhood. And I plan to maintain it that way. I don't really care if other people don't see me much as feminine. I mean, that's the way I've always been these two decades. Kerry believes that girls don't have to be stick-skinny to be considered pretty. Totally agreed. And I believe as long as you live the way you are, you are beautiful. (I tried to be.. Uhh.. More feminine before? And it sucked. So I said, "Ahh sod it! I'll continue to hate dresses.")

So yeah.
There's a reason to why I put this post up.
You'll see. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

My name is Dane Ensley and I work for Life Preserver Digital Archiving.

We take photographs, slides, negatives, 8mm, Super 8, VHS, and more and transfer it all to a DVD or external hard drive. Photos and movies take up a lot of closet space right now, but they don't have to. They are aging, losing their color, and feeling lonely in the dark. They are unorganized, jumbled, and chances are people don't truly even know what they have. Using our service breathes new life into old photos and media, often returning a better image than the original.

We do all our transferring at our location and our client's most precious memories are never out of our careful hands. We'll even come to your house and pick your media up. We pride ourselves on working intimately with our clients and we guarantee the ability to meet face to face with a Life Preserver representative.

Please feel free to contact us at any time: dane@lifepreserver.com
Check out our website at: lifepreserver.com

Hope all is well.
It's your life. Relive it.™up